September 24 Update
Tricia’s responsibilities are:
- Answer phone calls and direct volunteers to the proper resource so that they may respond to the disaster
- Track requests for assistance
- Refer inquires for donations to the proper source for designation (presbytery or PDA)
- Collecting information on the skills that are available from a group
- Referring skills summary to a project manager for follow-through when appropriate
- Create and mange the database of volunteer groups and skills and refer to the project manager
- When Villages are operational, follow up with interested groups and review procedures for referring registrations to the PDA National Call Center
- Work collaboratively with the Project Manager, Case Manager, and other resource persons as they come on line
- To assume responsibilities as requested
WELCOME ABOARD, Tricia!
Tricia Pogue, needs information on churches who are willing to host work groups. If your church could host a group, call Tricia and register your church as a host.
Opportunities to serve:
Volunteer Houston has a website up and running to register to volunteer at worksites - http://www.volunteerhouston.
The United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR) has worksites ready for immediate work. To register teams for volunteer for work: www.txcumc.org
Go to Volunteers then Register. Any questions- call Kathie Mann at 713-521-9383.
Ralph Hendricks is a volunteer working the Surfside, Freeport and Angleton area
Ph: 979-236-3630. Ms. Lee Thornton is working the Bayou Vista, Alvin, Texas City and Dickinson area - Ph: 409-925-1216. Register your work team, give them what they can do and how soon they can come. Also advise if your group needs housing.
The Golden Triangle continues to need work groups. To register, call Beverly Antilley is our Golden Triangle Volunteer Coordinator. Her phone 409 223-0118 She can handle groups coming in with work assignments and accommodations and other information.
Photo Request - This request came in from Shane Whisler, the Director of Communications for the Synod of the Sun: anyone with any hurricane damage photos, please mail to Shane Whisler, Synod's director of communications: email@example.com. We cannot use photos from other company/news websites.
Sunday, October 5 at 3 pm will be the time for our presbytery to gather in two locations: Trinity Presbyterian Church, Port Neches, and First Presbyterian Church in Dickinson. We will celebrate communion, praise God, give thanks, prayer for all our churches by name and enjoy the fellowship of the presbytery family. Please make plans to attend and bring as many in your congregation as possible. We’d love to overflow both sites with praising Presbyterians!
The Golden Triangle Cluster (they call it the Geneva Cluster) is gathering tomorrow at noon at St. Andrew’s in Beaumont for prayer, mutual support and encouragement. This is a great idea for all our clusters.
Here are today’s reports from our churches:
Tiki Island – C.O. Magee reports that Tiki Chapel made it okay. Lost front stairs but have back stairs. Worshiped there Sunday under the sanctuary. Security guards are using sanctuary for dorm so they can sleep in the day and guard island at night. Tiki is really a mess!
LaMarque – C. O. Magee reports that the church did great. Worshiped there Sunday too outside. Just got electricity Sunday afternoon. Glad everyone around here made it okay. Some houses gone though. Lots and lots of destruction.
Galveston, Westminster – Barrett Ingram reports that the church and his home are both fine. They plan on worshipping at the building on Sunday.